Thursday, April 29, 2010

Connor: 1, Tony Horton: 0

I did it. Holy freakin crap, I actually did it. Despite all the complaining, bitching, and breakdowns, I managed to survive and successfully compete P90X.

So what can I say? First of all, I owe an incredible thanks to everyone that helped me out on this. And not just the people who worked out with me and helped me going day to day (Anthony, Dano, Patrick, etc). I'm sure many of you probably got real fed up with my complaining and talking about it constantly. I realize this. Please not that, despite your annoyance with me, you were doing me a huge service. There were several points where I was ready to quit, b/c I wasn't satisfied with the results I was seeing and I felt alone in what I was doing. So all that bitching I did was sort of my way to get through it. Yes, I know it wasn't the most mature thing I could have possible done, but hell - it worked, didn't it?

Results! This is the fun part. I regret that I won't be able to post my day 90 pictures right away, because I lost my camera at spring weekend and need to post new ones. but I think the changes from day 0 to day 60 are still pretty significant.

And by the way:

Weight last October (before I started GRAB workouts): 186 lbs

Weight at the beginning of P90X: 175 lbs

Current Weight: 154 lbs

That's right. 32 lbs. Gone. I also lost about 6 or 7 inches on waist overall, and tonnnnssss of fat everywhere, which means I need to to get all new clothes. But I'm not complaining. Afterall, this isn't the end. I've definitely set up a lifelong mission here. I'm done with all the fast food, junk food, and late night binges that I used to have. And trust me, I had that pretty bad. I've learned a ton about the way metabolism works, about the way what I eat and do effects my health, about pretty much everything (thanks again patrick).

So here are the pictures. Don't laugh at the poses. I just did what Tony Horton told me to do.

Day 0











































































Day 30 (ish)



































































Day 60 (ish, more like Day 70 or so)






































































And now a Comparison Shot:































So that's that.

It's certainly an interesting way to look back on my freshman year. I mean let's face it, overall, it's been not much short of a disaster. Everyone knows my whole thing with Gettysburg (see an earlier post for that) but aside from that I've been dealing with the fun situation of having nobody to hang out with, mood swings, frustration with the failure to get a job, depression, etc. But I've countered it with therapy, more school, music, and what you've seen on the above. So what. My first year of college wasn't what I expected. I didn't make a million friends, I didn't fall in love, I didn't find my calling. But I found myself, and I finally began to accomplish what I've wanted to do throughout my entire life. Am I there yet? Not even close. But after many, many, MANY failed attempts, I finally got on the right track. And I owe that to all of you.

So overall? Not a bad freshmen year, all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment