Monday, September 13, 2010

Something to live by

Something my very close friend Alan Kinsella told me the other day -

- "Don't let college get the best of you. Get the best of IT"

I feel like that happens to a lot of people here. We're here for 4 years. Maybe an extra semester or so, but the same basic length of time. I'm learning very quickly that time will fly by if you don't get out there and seize every possible opportunity that you can. If there is ever a choice between watching tv by yourself and meeting someone new, make sure to make the right choice. I spent an entire year making the wrong choices, and I'm starting to see how much better everything is when you trust our intuition and just run with it. I've met people doing laundry, longboarding, leaving my door open and blasting LOST on my TV... more ways than i can count. and I've been here two weeks. Imagine how much life experience I'll get out of just this semester. More than I can possibly fathom. It all falls on taking the time get yourself out there, and avoid falling into the rut of routine. NEVER let that happen. This is what I'm going to keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment