Monday, September 6, 2010

Why I wish I was like doctor house.

You know what would be totally sweet? If we all had the power to turn into Dr. House whenever we wanted to. It wouldn't have to be for medicine persay, but rather a quick transformation that changed us from relaxed and careless to a quirky, detail coveting genius who was really really really really good at whatever they were doing. I know it's lame (but isn't everything?) but sometimes I get like that when I'm studying. Seriously, you should try it. I set myself up in a way to allow myself to get completely enveloped by my work, to a point where I synchronize all of my thoughts with it and just get in the fucking zone. Most of you will think I'm crazy, but those of you who've been where I've been know how cool it is to be the Micheal Jordan of writing history papers. You'll spend hours coming up with nothing and then WHOA! Perfect argument after perfect argument seems to flow from your pencil as if you're doing nothing. As someone who enjoys (to a certain degree, let's be realistic here) schoolwork, I try to get in that zone as much as possible. After all, I didn't sign my entire extended family up for a lifetime of college debt just to come here to party and chill all day.

That part's just extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment